Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Weekly Reflection #5 writing reflection

Weekly Reflection #5 (writing reflection)

      Writing  the newspaper blackout poetry started out poorly for me. I found it difficult to put words together and make them make sense. The more I tried though the better I got.I could visualize the words in the article that would make sense together and relate to each other. It took me about five attempts to make a poem that I liked. Maybe I am just hard on my self, I don't know.
      A thing I found unique about this type of writing was that their is no format you need to follow. Most other types of writing have very specific rules and formatting that need to be followed. The only rule for blackout poetry is that it has to make sense. It can be as long or as short as you want. Another thing i found unique was that you don't necessarily read them left to right, you can read them top to bottom or right to left, however the writer directs you to read them. You can organize your blackout poetry how ever you see fit.
     While learning how to create blackout poetry I learned a few things about my self as a writer and thinker. I learned that my mind can pick up words that relate to each other, which is critical with blackout poetry. I learned that I like to have to think more about what I'm creating. Most other writing styles I've done such as essays and stories and even the six word memoirs, I didnt have to think to hard about what I was doing because I could use a limitless supply of words. In blackout you only have what ever words are in thaqt specific article. Blackout poetry is probably my favourite type of creative writing so far. I also learned that there is more to writting then basic poetry or essays or short stories. I actually had never done somthing like blackout poetry before so it was new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment